BEFORE TRAVELLING TO JAMAICA
Within 14 days of departure, please ensure:
- You have not tested positive for COVID-19 or experiencing a fever, dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of taste and smell, or any other symptoms of COVID-19
- You have not been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19
- A travel authorization is no longer required as at March 1, 2022 to enter Jamaica.
- As at April 16, 2022 Jamaica no longer requires you to take a COVID-19 test to board a flight. All travel restrictions that were imposed due to the pandemic have been lifted.
- As Jamaica moves to become more environmentally friendly, the landing process is now paperless so you can easily complete your immigration and customs forms online to facilitate your entry into the island.
Please visit https://enterjamaica.com/ at any time before you travel to access the forms online.
- Though masks are not required in Jamaica, they are recommended in indoor spaces. This is however the choice of the traveler.
- In the event that you are required to quarantine unexpectedly, we recommend including extra medication and other necessities in your carry-on to cover an additional 14 days.
We strongly suggest all our travelers purchase travel insurance. Now more than ever, it is important to be covered should you need to leave your trip due to injury or infection. Chukka Trails & Travel offers coverage through GK Insurance. Please review the details of their COVID-19 Policy FAQ here.
DURING YOUR STAY IN JAMAICA
If you experience COVID-19 symptoms while on trip, please notify your Chukka Trails & Travel Destination Concierge Specialist immediately and refrain from further group activities. Please know we will do everything we can to assist you in following local health advice and safety protocols.
To keep your travelling party/group and the communities you visit safe, we kindly ask that you follow local health protocols and regulations. Local guidelines may include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining physical distance
- Hand washing and sanitizing
- COVID-19 tests for entry into establishments
- COVID-19 tests for suspected exposure
If COVID-19 exposure or a positive COVID-19 test arises while on trip, we ask that you comply with local guidelines. We will do our best to assist you, however, any costs associated with cancellations or delays are your responsibility. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Masks/PPE o Required testing
- Required self-isolation and/or quarantine
- Transportation arrangements
Due to health and safety concerns that could emerge from COVID-19, Chukka Trails & Travel may need to modify your trip and its activities. These modifications would be necessary to keep your travelling party/group safe while on the road. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Once a trip has began, we have fully committed to all payments (hotels, attractions, restaurants, transfers etc.) and therefore are unable to refund travelers should their trip be cut short or altered due to COVID-19, failure to comply with local health protocols, or any other reason.
WHEN YOU RETURN HOME FROM JAMAICA
If you contract COVID-19 within 14 days of returning home from your trip, please let us know immediately by contacting your Chukka Trails & Travel Destination Sales Specialist.